Thursday, November 12, 2009

What did you do last weekend? I spent my weekend in China. I had to go over there, on short notice to make a presentation to the Chinese government (our partner) on putting in some new offshore platforms in SE China (about 100 miles from Hong Kong).

The Chinese think that this project is a "no brainer", but my company is not so sure. I made a presentation showing them how we evaluate the risks, and why this project may not be a good investment. I think they understood my presentation and are considering my concerns. As the "VIP Presenter" (their words, not mine), I was presented the "choicest portion" of fish - the head. They serve it to you, then everyone sits and looks at you, refusing to eat until the VIP eats first.

Okay, so I picked around quickly and carefully and found a piece of meat, not a gill or eyeball, but a small piece of meat. Talk about relief.....

Fortunately, I did get to come home a day early. Believe it or not I chose NOT to have fish on the plane!

No comments: