Friday, September 14, 2012

Bucket List bingo


Do you have a Bucket List?  Most people do, whether it’s a formal “list” or just an informal, and perhaps un-written, collection of things they want to see and do.  Of course what’s on the list can be places, things to do, people to meet, or whatever.  Travel bucket lists are among the most popular.  I’ve been asked, more than a few times, if I have a “Travel Bucket List”.  As I rejoin the Blog world, as the Traveling Irishman, on the Blog called “My next 50 years” I thought that a good idea to attempt to create one for you, my readers.

Before I give you my updated (an ever fluid) list, I want to tell you that this year (2012) has been a very good year for Bucket List check offs for me.  This year, alone, I have checked off 5 places that I always wanted to visit.  Those places, in order, are:

1.       Costa Rica (with long-time friends Kirk and Rainy Broussard)

2.       Montreal

3.       Niagara Falls (with friends on a church Mission Trip)

4.       Monterey California (and the wonderful Monterey Aquarium, with Susan and Erin)

5.       San Simeon, California (and Hearst Castle w/ Susan and Erin, while visiting Jordan & Erin Paige)

What a great list of places to visit, right?  Well here is my Bucket List that I shared with long-time friend Jon Hufnagel earlier this summer:

·         Australia (only Continent I lack)

·         New Zealand (rafting, skiing, local wine)

·         Africa (photo) Safari  (Keya, Tanzania, or South Africa)

·         Spain (again, I love it)

·         Galapagos Islands (Perhaps a couples boat trip)

·         Fiji/Tahiti (somewhere in French Polynesia)

·         Alaska Cruise

·         Mediterranean Cruise – East

·         Mediterranean Cruise – West

·         Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Parks (California)

·         Thailand (ride Elephants)

·         Lake Tahoe (skiing)

·         Ireland (again, including the North)

·         N. Carolina (Outer Banks)

·         Salmon fishing in Oregon or Alaska

·         Machu Picchu (in Peru)

Do you see anything you’re interested in?  Let me know, I love planning for groups!

No comments: